Sometimes, people report an unexplained fishy smell in their homes. What do these fishy odors mean? People may pin mold, sewer backup, or dead animals as the culprit. However, the true culprit is often not any of the above. The real reason for the smell could be overheating electrical components. This is a serious safety hazard.

 

Electrical components are made with heat-resistant materials. Under certain circumstances, these materials can start to overheat and melt. The melting of these materials produces the fishy odor. This leaves your home at risk of a fire.

 

If you have an unexplained fishy odor in your home, contact an electrician immediately. He or she can inspect for overheating electrical components.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
Categories: Uncategorized